Sunday, March 1, 2009

The Cypher

I had a great weekend. Me and my brothers(we deeper than best friends) got together and had some drinks and hit up a party. You know, usual young America shit.






So, my youngest brother just recently got a new digital video camera. Knowing we were gonna do some stupid funny shit on my younger brother's college campus, especially when we're all together, he figured he might as well capture it on camera so we might be able to reminisce later. So when we all finally get together, we still couldn't figure out what would be funny enough. Or fun enough. Being the spontaneous person I am, I recommended we freestyle just for fun. Pretty much a CYPHER. Plus, I had been on Youtube all day watching freestyles that artists had posted (Shouts to Asher Roth,Kid Cudi,Charles Hamilton,and Pac Div.) . So we put on the beats and just...Got in. For those wondering what beats we used, it was beats from the DJ Skee and Charles Hamilton Mixtape "And then they played Dilla". My favorite beat being the one that Charles spit "ConvincedIndecision" to. Which, by the way, I been listening to all weekend on repeat. Just the Instrumental.







While we were freestyling, I realized that 1) Jay Dilla may have been one of the BEST beatmakers ever. (R.I.P.) 2) I think all black people got a little rapper in them. One of my brothers, Devar, who I have never heard spit EVER just gets on the beat and rips everybody. Now, Im not saying Im the next Wale or Jay-Z, nor am I the best in my crew, but I never thought my mans would rip it like that. Giving you a little insight, my brother is wild as hell. When he is around us. But if your meeting him for the first time, he is real reserved and sort of comes off as shy. I guess its true what they say, if you keep good people around you that push you, it forces you to be better than yourself. I will say we had a lot of fun. I feel like I need to work on my vocab and rhyming schemes and topics. And just keeping the flow (lol). All in all, I want to thank J Dilla for making such GREAT music. It helped me fall back in love with the CYPHER.



Peace and much love to all y'all,


Chill

No comments:

Post a Comment